8 Tips For 21st Century Leaders
One thing that i constantly do is read. I always have a stack of throw away reading for plane trips. I never read confidential materials about the business on a plane and really spend that time opening my mind to new ideas and thoughts – either about the industry we operate in or about new management techniques and thoughts.
Leadership is one of my hot buttons … here is a list from a management magazine of the top 8 tips for leaders
- People are led – things are managed
- Pay attention to people, not structures
- Some things never change. Leadership is a process which involves the leader and the followers in a specific situation. It is NOT a person, a role, a position or a title.
- In the next century, despite the on rush of technology, people are still people and need to be and like to be led.
- In the knowledge economy, the most precious knowledge is knowing what you dont know
- In the knowledge economy is it not what you know but how adept you are to learning
- Knowledge is mobile – when people move so does their knowledge
- No matter what century, without integrity, there is no leaderhip